HOW TO FILE TAX RETURNS
The Federal Tax Authority (FTA) has issued a 4 steps online procedure allowing businesses to simplify the tax return submission through their services portal.
The Online submission system helps the businesses registered for Value Added Tax. The first tax period ending on January 31, 2018, for some concern, they need to submit their tax returns before February 28, 2018.
The tax periods is available on the FTA website, the VAT registrant can check their allocated tax period. The payment for tax can be done through e-Dirham platform.
Four Steps to submit VAT Returns
- To enter the e-service portal on the Authority’s website? ( https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/ )
- Choose the “VAT “tab.
- Scroll to the company’s dedicated “VAT Returns” page.
- Initiate new VAT return.
- Enter the data’s in the return
Data’s to enter:
- All sales and other outputs.
- All expenses and other inputs.
- Write the NET amount excluding VAT.
- VAT amount.
When we enter all these data’s, the system will automatically calculate the tax payable or repayable.
- Submit the VAT return after thoroughly reviewing it.
- Due tax payment through “My Payment “tab.
Click on pay now button Click on ‘Pay Now’ button to be directed to e-Dirham gateway.
* Ensure that payment deadlines are met.
* E-Dirham System (electronic smart cards) is a sophisticated method for collecting government revenue.
Payment methods and Charges
Payment can be made through e-Dirham payment gateway which supports payments through an e- Dirham card or a credit card (Visa and MasterCard only).
- AED 3 for e-Dirham card payment.
- Between 2%-3% of the total payment for credit card payment.
Once we confirm the transaction and payment is successfully done, you will be redirected to the FTA website.